The road we are traveling always seems so crazy but somehow I seem to love every minute of it. The blessings far

outweigh the chaos. Come ride along and enjoy a few of our bumps, u-turns, rest areas, work zones, steep grades,

speed traps, and scenic views.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

HALLELUJAH for cooler temperatures


After surviving last weeks heat wave I must admit that I was thrilled last night to have to sleep with a blanket and ecstatic this morning when I woke up and my house felt a little chilly. Now that the heat wave has passed and my house has cooled down I guess it is time to get to work on those cleaning projects around the house that were easy to put off because of the heat.
I didn't love the heat but I am loving all of the sunshine. What a treat. Mollie and I have stayed cool with the sprinkler, the lake, and going to air conditioned places. Megan and Sam had a harder time dealing with the heat at EFY but still had a great time. They were glad to get home and get into their swimming suits. Hope everyone is enjoying such a beautiful summer.

1 comment:

The Mergenthaler Family said...

I can't believe those temperatures!! Around here, we were commenting that it has been a cooler than usual summer. A couple in our ward that moved here from Lynnwood said, "Yea, it's like Seattle, isn't it?" I had to agree, but not this kind of Seattle. You guys were probably roasting! I'm glad it's over. I'd take the sunshine too, but the extreme heat makes it hard to get anything done (besides recreational activities that involve water). Sounds like you're having a great summer! Cute pics of the family!