The road we are traveling always seems so crazy but somehow I seem to love every minute of it. The blessings far

outweigh the chaos. Come ride along and enjoy a few of our bumps, u-turns, rest areas, work zones, steep grades,

speed traps, and scenic views.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CHAOS

6:48 am, jump out of bed and throw on some sweats because I am late.
6:55 am, the neighbor drops off her 4 kids.
7:35 am, sneak upstairs for a fast shower.
8:02 am, race down stairs to feed the 4 neighbors plus Mollie breakfast.
8:20 am, jump on the internet to look for a christmas gift.
8:28 am, answer a phone call from work
8:30 am, pack Mollie's back pack.
8:35 am, get the neighbors on the bus.
8:40 am, grab my socks, shoes, jackets, purse etc., lock up and jump in the car.
8:48 am, drop Mollie off at school for AM Patrol.
8:50 am, drive to work while calling my Dad to see if he will pick up a gift. (Thanks Dad)
9:07 am, arrive at work and WORK, WORK, WORK.
12:15 pm, leave my office and stop at 4 different schools for work visits.
2:10 pm, pick up Meganat the high school and quickly drive her to drivers ed class.
2:28 pm, drop of Megan, turn around and head back the exact same roads I just traveled to the Swim meet.
2:50 pm, cheer loud for Sam during his events, give him a quick hug.
3:35 pm, run down the street to the corner store to get gas (hmmm, I wonder why)
4:00 pm, return to the pool and have Sam jump into the car as I drive through the parking lot.
4:07 pm, call to make sure Mollie made it home from school.
4:32 pm, pick up Megan from Drivers ed and fight the traffic home.
5:05 pm, visit with Mollie for a minute.
5:15 pm, print off a few things and prep for Pack Meeting (I was filling in as cubmaster)
5:30 pm, throw together dinner of some sort????????? and review homework.
6:02 pm, read the email about achievement days and realize Mollie needs cookies, of course she wants homemade.
6:15 pm, put the cookies in the oven, good thing I have the recipe memorized.
6:18 pm, run upstairs to change into my scout shirt while yelling at everyone to get ready.
6:26 pm, pull cookies out of the oven.
6:30 pm, get everyone into the car and instruct Megan while she drives to the church.
6:40 pm, set up for pack meeting.
7:00 pm, run pack meeting
8:15 pm, clean up from pack meeting
8:30 pm, leave the church for home, swing by the neighbors house to pick up a copy of the assignment Mollie left at school.
8:40 pm, help Mollie with her homework.
9:05 pm, make two quick phone calls to schedule tithing settlement and the church building.
9:10 pm, do a quick, I mean quick pick up so that I don't scream in the morning when I see my house.
9:22 pm, scour the house and car for the missing nintendo dsi. (which I found)
9:30 pm, call Sam to make sure he has a ride home from basketball practice.
9:40 pm, tuck the girls into bed and try to convince Megan that we can make birthday invitations tomorrow say a quick hello and goodnight to Sam.
9:45 pm, sit down to write this post to keep my sanity and put a smile on my face as I hear my husband coming through the door from school (he has been gone for 15 hours) and let him now he is the love of my life and that I am exhausted but love being the MOM.
??? pm, sometime in the near future, falling into bed (after a well deserved foot rub) so I can do it all again tomorrow.

Sorry for the length of this post but mostly it is a quick pat on the back and high five to all of us mothers.

4 comments:

Lindsey Ramage said...

So funny, got a good laugh! Now do it all again. Merry Christmas.

Love to all,

Cousin
Lindsey

Kathryn said...

I am pretty tired just reading about it...I think I will go lay on the couch for awhile. If I did a post like that right now it would be the routine with a trip to the bathroom everyother line. Ha! Miss you guys! Hey I finally updated my own blog...its about time.

Chalonn said...

I really, really, really don't know how you do it :-) I'm exhausted just reading this post!

Coil Fam said...

AAAAAH! The good old days! I know it sounds weird, but I still miss them somedays. Especially the tucking them in at bed every night. Even when they were in high school, just seeing them in their own bed made the world feel like a safer place. Merry Christmas to the Hickmans!

PS "Hickman Highway" seems a very fitting title for your blog after reading all that.