The road we are traveling always seems so crazy but somehow I seem to love every minute of it. The blessings far

outweigh the chaos. Come ride along and enjoy a few of our bumps, u-turns, rest areas, work zones, steep grades,

speed traps, and scenic views.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

SCHOOL!

Unfortunately I have not posted in weeks.

I can sum it up in one word, SCHOOL! I was sad to see winter break come to an end.

I returned to work for the SCHOOL district where I am frantically shopping and ordering supplies for 26 SCHOOLS, scheduling science field trips for elementary SCHOOL classes, and making sure my own kids make it to SCHOOL with their home work done, lunch, and clean clothes. (You know, I really do enjoy Algebra)

Mollie likes SCHOOL most of the time but would really rather not go to SCHOOL. She has been home from SCHOOL several days with a bad cold.

Sam is doing great but always has forms that need to be signed and returned to SCHOOL or something he needs help typing for SCHOOL. Some days he needs to be picked up from SCHOOL, or dropped off at SCHOOL. Once home from SCHOOL he is working on SCHOOL projects like "Why I Want to be a Peacock." (Don't ask)

Megan is discovering the "joy" of high SCHOOL finals. She has spent the last couple of weeks studying for SCHOOL and working on SCHOOL projects. She drags herself out of bed in the morning for SCHOOL, seminary first, and then sometimes falls asleep after SCHOOL. I know she loves SCHOOL but that does not change the fact that Mike and I hear all about the SCHOOL drama on a daily basis. (I wouldn't change this for the world)

Mike recently returned to SCHOOL. When at home he frequently spends his time studying for SCHOOL. He does manage other things as well like replacing the cracked disposal (Thank You) , sneaking in a game of Battle Ship with Mollie and wrestling with Sam.

So there you have it. Our life in a nut shell. It is a little scary that I feel like this is relatively calm time of year for us. With spring sports just around the corner I am sure things will be busier than ever.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ummmmm, you forgot to highlight one "SCHOOL"! Just kidding. I know you guys are busy at SCHOOL! I love what you did with the Blog header. Did you do that after SCHOOL? Fun Pictures! Congrats Mike on the 1st Test at SCHOOL! Well I am off to pick kids up from SCHOOL! Love ya

Chalonn said...

I love this post! It's just so creative and does a pretty good job summing up your life! I sort of miss being in school (BYU). I loved my classes there. HOWEVER, I'm just at the beginning with Mckay's SCHOOL so I might just change my mind in a few years!

Tim & Kacey Hammar said...

Deb- I love your new header. The pictures are so cute of you guys. It is so fun to check in and see how you are. Love you guys!

Anna Lynne said...

You are so creative! I feel you with the SCHOOL thing! but since Chris just graduated, I at least have a bit less of school which is very welcomed! Morgan is home with a cold too! yuk! Good luck mike in school!!!

David, Rauna and Family said...

I can totally relate! It was harder than ever for the kids to get back in the school/homework routine.Also, I love the Brad Paisley song you have on your playlist,I gave David his CD and concert tickets for both of us for Christmas.

Me said...

Michael,,,,you're not so long lost, I've been keeping tabs on you and Debbie et al....for quite some time!!! Beautiful children!!! Melissa