The road we are traveling always seems so crazy but somehow I seem to love every minute of it. The blessings far

outweigh the chaos. Come ride along and enjoy a few of our bumps, u-turns, rest areas, work zones, steep grades,

speed traps, and scenic views.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day!

Yesterday was wonderful. The kids pampered me with extra hugs and little gifts and Mike really went the extra mile with beautiful flowers and a delicious dinner. Him and his brother Bill out did themselves. His signature dish was the roasted asparugus and the caramalized onion asparugus salad. YUM, YUM.

As I was reading I came across a little something that I wanted to share that I have been thinking about this week end as I have thought about what a blessing it is to be a mother.

"Mothers are the heart of a home; they nurture and love; they create homes of harmony and warmth; they cultivate strengths and see potential. Motherhood is not merely a checklist of attributes. It's a description of a person who loves another more than life itself; a person who freely, lovingly gives her all for the happiness of another. No two mothers are just alike, and not a single one is expected to be perfect - or close to it. Mothers with eternal perspective know they do their best simply by doing a little better every day."


Last Monday, my dear friend Jody, wrote a 50 word paragraph to King 5 why I should receive their Mother's Day Award. I didn't win the contest but it was so fun to read what my great friend had to say as well as to have it read on live television. The experience became even better when Sam read the clip that aired on the news and said, "I don't need 50 words, I don't even need 10, 'you are the greatest mom ever'." He melted my heart as usual.


Anyhow, I guess I've rambled enough. Hope you all had a wonderful day.


Thank You, MOM!


I love being a Mom!

2 comments:

Chalonn said...

Again..need I remind you that you really are a MOM I want to be just like!!!

The McClellan Family said...

Ohhh, Debbie Dee! You are a wonderful person and mother! Thank you for sharing that insight! I wish I could have seen when they aired that on the news! Happy B-day Kathy, and I love that priceless feeling from getting rid of stuff as well! Love you guys!