The road we are traveling always seems so crazy but somehow I seem to love every minute of it. The blessings far

outweigh the chaos. Come ride along and enjoy a few of our bumps, u-turns, rest areas, work zones, steep grades,

speed traps, and scenic views.

Monday, October 6, 2008

I've Learned to Love Soccer

Over the years we have supported and watched as our kids have played in hundreds (perhaps thousands) of sporting events. Megan and Sam dabbled in soccer but it never really caught on, partly because Mike and I had never really played or gotten into soccer. In the early years of Mollie playing soccer Mike and I fully admitted that it was our least favorite event to watch. A pack of kids running around together while parents stood on the sidelines in the lovely fall (rainy) weather in Seattle. However, over the years Mollie has developed a passion for soccer. I love her enthusiasm and I have taken the time to try to learn the game. I love watching her excitement build on game day. Watching the games has gone from drudgery to fun and I can honestly say that I truly enjoy watching her "take" the ball and dribbling down field. The rainy days still bother me some but she doesn't care. Bring on the wind, rain, snow, and mud. The more elements the better. She loves to play goalie and does well but her coach really needs her at forward. It amazes me that she can go from the dead serious player with clenched fists to the best friend mode during timeouts. Check out the pictures and you'll see what I mean. Way to go Mollie! Play Hard!

No comments: