The road we are traveling always seems so crazy but somehow I seem to love every minute of it. The blessings far

outweigh the chaos. Come ride along and enjoy a few of our bumps, u-turns, rest areas, work zones, steep grades,

speed traps, and scenic views.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Medal Count





At the end of summer Megan decided last minute that she was going to go out for the high school swim team. She has never swam competitively before so this was a big undertaking. The first several weeks she was exhausted and sore but stuck with it and is now really enjoying it. I have learned a lot about swimming. Until last month I don't think I had ever been to a swim meet. When the season started she was in the early heats but she has worked hard and done an awesome job moving up the ladder. She is primarily swimming the 100 backstroke and in a medley relay. Last week it was exciting because for the first time she swam the 50 free. She was placed in heat 3 of 4 and finished third which was a great accomplishment. I loved it because for the first time I saw her start off of the block instead of in the water. Her time was good and I think the coaches are looking ahead to the future because yesterday they pushed her to keep pace with the varsity work out. I have really enjoyed watching her and Mollie and Sam have been a great support. Sam has been keeping a "medal count." Every night after a meet when he gets home from football (they always overlap) he asks about all the heats she raced in and what events and then does a medal tally. I'm not sure but I believe Sam's #'s are 4 gold, 1 silver and 9 bronze. Next week she will be swimming in the JV Divisional Championships. Way to go Megan!

2 comments:

Shay said...

That is awesome, I love to swim and I miss the pool! Go Megan!

Kathryn said...

Does it come as any surprise that she is excelling at another sport. Your Aunt is very proud of you, Megan. I think it is great that you decided to try something new. Oh... and I love the costume. What a great idea. We miss you guys!!