The road we are traveling always seems so crazy but somehow I seem to love every minute of it. The blessings far

outweigh the chaos. Come ride along and enjoy a few of our bumps, u-turns, rest areas, work zones, steep grades,

speed traps, and scenic views.

Monday, October 6, 2008

TWO UPDATES!

Saturday night I was laying on the couch reading an Ensign article when Mollie came and sat down next to me on the couch and said, "Mom, my phase is over." I asked her what she was talking about and she replied, "we can fold up the blankets." I could hardly contain my excitement but tried not to smile as I asked her if she was sure. It could almost be considered a joy to help her clean her room this week without having to walk all over them. The blankets/comforters are now off of the rough carpet but unfortunately I now have to wash them all because they have been walked on and played on for over two weeks.



Today I picked up Sam from football and was once again reminded of how gross football clothing is. The combination of the smells in the car caused me to roll the window down during a rain storm but I did chuckle a little at the same time when he asked if I was mad about his shirt. Believe it or not when he packed his bag the night before his pants and shirt were white.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi Guys!!! I just found you from Kath's blog. Hope you don't mind me popping in. Cute kids! They are so big.

If I don't have your email, have Kath give it to me and I'll invite you to my blog. That is if you care to see our daily ins and outs!

Love you!

Shay said...

Hey, I am so glad that you commented on our blog, it is so good to hear from you and I am excited that you have a blog. What a great way to connect with the family.

Kathryn said...

I am glad that the phase is over. It still cracks me up!! OKAY so how do you ever keep Sams clothes white? You need to move to the desert where its not so wet! I too, am learning to love soccer. I just wish that Makayla would get on a team with a good coach so I didn't have to coach. I just want to watch!! Love the updates! Hope you are feeling better! Love ya!

The McClellan Family said...

Hey we are totally planning on trick or treating!! So i didn't think about the kids having to practice and play in the rain, that'll take some getting used too. Nate is going to start soccer next year! when is sam's next game? the boys would love to come!

Mike, Jen, McKenna and Jackson said...

was she sleeping on the floor???

emily said...

ooo i'm so excited you have a blog! thanks for sharing ... and are you SURE those pants and shirt were white?? will they ever be again?? putting your detergent to the test! Good Luck!

The McClellan Family said...

We would love to come up on thursday. Where and when do you want us? I didn't mean to sound desperate! But we appreciate having something to look forward too!

Kera said...

Debbie,
I love your blog, it actually makes me excited for teenagers! Sam is so cute, and I love all of Molly's soccer pics. My kids miss yours too. Hey - come to Utah for a trip!!
Love,
Kera