The road we are traveling always seems so crazy but somehow I seem to love every minute of it. The blessings far

outweigh the chaos. Come ride along and enjoy a few of our bumps, u-turns, rest areas, work zones, steep grades,

speed traps, and scenic views.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

?????????????????????????

Yesterday after a busy day at work I frantically pulled into the school parking lot to pick up Mollie. I asked her "what was the best thing today?" She quickly answered and then asked me a question. Little did I know that it was to be a day of questions. Mike was gone late so he was not around to field some of the questions here is an outline of what I remember:


  • Are we going to Walmart? (Mollie)
  • Can Jaime Come? (Mollie)
  • Are we ordering me new glasses? (Mollie)
  • Are we still going to Walmart to get my glasses? (Megan)
  • Can I get some make-up? (Megan)
  • How far is Kennelly Keys from Walmart? (Megan)
  • My clarinet broke, can we drop it off? (Megan)
  • Can I go to the basketball game tomorrow? (Sam)
  • Can you pick me up? (Sam)
  • Can I paint my face blue? (Sam)
  • What's for Dinner (Mollie)
  • When is Dad going to be home? (Mollie)
  • How long will you be gone? (Sam)
  • When is Dad going to be home? (Sam)
  • Have you seen my shoes? (Mollie)
  • Is my jacket clean? (Megan)
  • What's for dinner (Megan)
  • Why won't the insurance buy the glasses? (Mollie)
  • How long is this going take? (Mollie)
  • How much does this cost ? (Mollie)
  • Can I play select soccer? (Mollie)
  • Why not? (Mollie)
  • What's for dinner? (Sam)
  • Mom, can you help me with this? (Mollie)
  • What does this word mean? (Sam)
  • How to you do this? (Mollie)
  • Can you quiz me for my test? (Megan)
  • Can I play Wii right now? (Mollie)
  • Can I watch 24 when it starts? (Sam)
  • Can I call Lydia? (Mollie)
  • Can she come over tomorrow? (Mollie)
  • Can we get a gym membership? (Sam? Megan? can't remember)
  • When is Dad going to be home? (Megan)
  • Is the orange bottle Motrin? (Sam)
  • Can you braid my hair? (Megan)

Yes, we finally ate dinner and Dad finally got home. OK, so now the final question after a very long afternoon/evening. The kids, after being asked five times, and yelled at a little bit, are finally in bed. It is 9:48 pm and I am saying good night to Sam and he asks "Mom, we were just messing around while we brushed, WHY ARE YOU OVER-REACTING??????????

5 comments:

The Mergenthaler Family said...

Thank you for that real life post! I'm glad to see that somebody is not afraid to post something about how life is pretty overwhelming and repetitive at the same time.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets tired of being the one who is "supposed to have the answers."
Also, it was fun to see some of what your family is up to lately.

Kathryn said...

How long did it take you to write this post? Did Mike like it? Did the kids like it? Has Mom and Dad seen it yet? When are you going to update again? Did Megan get her Clarinet fixed? Did Sam paint his face blue? Did Mollie have Lydia over? Will you come down and see me? Do you guys want to come for Thanksgiving? How about Christmas? Do you think I am annoying? I love the thousand after school questions too, my favorite being, whats for dinner asked by every member of the family atleast twice!!!!! Love ya :-)

The Ahlstrom Family said...

Hello Hickman family! I found your blog and didn't want to read without letting you know I visited! :) I can't believe how fast time flies!! I was looking at the pictures of the kids and remembering how I used to teach Sam's primary class when he was 6! When did he grow up??? Hope all is GREAT with you guys!

The McClellan Family said...

HA HA! That is an hour long conversation at our house and the only one asking questions is Nate! Thanks for an awesome thanksgiving. I left my coat there, I was too busy looking for everyone else's stuff that I forgot my stuff! Should I go and get it?

Shay said...

I love it. I love when the kids were just learning how to talk, it is so fun, but there are definetly times when I think to myself "why, did I want them to learn how to say mommmy?" There are just days where it is one too many times, wow, I am realizing how many more years I have of this. Gotta love it!!