The road we are traveling always seems so crazy but somehow I seem to love every minute of it. The blessings far

outweigh the chaos. Come ride along and enjoy a few of our bumps, u-turns, rest areas, work zones, steep grades,

speed traps, and scenic views.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I can't go to bed tonight with out officially saying Happy Birthday to my best friend. Thanks for being a great husband, friend, and dad! I love you!

Yesterday was Mike's birthday but we celebrated for two days. His idea of the perfect birthday present was loading up in the van and driving to Cabela's in Lacey. I rented some movies for the car ride and we headed out. The store was awesome and we had a great time. Unfortunately we couldn't eat lunch there because we ran out of time and the line was way too long so we had to settle for Wendy's on the way home. The conversation on the way home was pretty much the what if game... If you had $1000 dollars what would you have bought today?

Last night Mollie's gift to Mike was a wrestling match. After confirming that Sam and Megan would not be participating the match began. I'm pretty sure that Mike was still able to take her. Today, Sunday, we had family over to officially have dinner, cake and sing. It was a fun day and a fun visit with everyone.

Nineteen years ago when I went shopping for Mike's birthday for the first time I had no idea what to get for him. So I decided to be funny and bought him an outfit from Goodwill complete with a pocket protector. I thought it was hilarious. If I remember right he didn't think it was too funny. Since that Birthday I still have a similar problem. What to get for him that is "in the budget." I would have loved to have come home with a stand up jet ski, a new pair of snow skiies, a flat screen TV, a new lap top, etc... Well, I actually came home with a couple of books and an arm-band for his ipod. He also bought a few things at Cabela's. He thought it was a great birthday weekend.

3 comments:

Chalonn said...

A great post! Happy Birthday Mike. I have a similar problem when shopping for Heber...the funny thing is...I think he'd love an outfit from goodwill..thanks for the idea!

Kathryn said...

I think the goodwill outfit is hilarious and I would like to see him in it! So what were the $1000 purchases? It sounds like a great Birthday celebration. Wish we could have been there!

Heidi said...

Happy birthday Mike!

Why is it all the things men want cost well over $100 each and the items on my list are found in the bargain spot at Target?